Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Gruver Raritan Guitar (Read 6412 times)
Reply #4 - Sep 10th, 2011 at 1:57am
tonydsouza   Ex Member

Acoustic guitars with hollow bodies have used for over a thousand years. There are three main types of modern acoustic guitar: the classical guitar, steel-string acoustic guitar, arch-top guitar.

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Sep 3rd, 2011 at 9:23am

HavenMade Administrator   Offline
YaBB Administrator
The obvious isn't obvious
until it is obvious
Colorado

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Reply #2 - Aug 8th, 2011 at 2:45am

deepak patel   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Please share something
new about spa thearpy
New Delhi

Nice, I also like to play guitar.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jul 11th, 2011 at 1:00am

deepak patel   Offline
YaBB Newbies
Please share something
new about spa thearpy
New Delhi

i also big fond of music but i don't have any idea about the guitar

IP Logged

Jan 11th, 2011 at 11:39am

HavenMade Administrator   Offline
YaBB Administrator
The obvious isn't obvious
until it is obvious
Colorado

Well, we have been using the Gruver Raritan Mini Jumbo Guitar for nearly three years in our band. We have beat it hard traveled with it and I still have the original one Serial number 1 that I use. If you want to own this one, it is $10,000 as a collectors item. I am retiring it this year. Obviously I don't want to sell it. It is the original prototype without the logo. 

With all the work it has taken this beating well and it does not need much in the way of work.  I don't put scratches on the  finish from the pick.  Only when I finger pick does it get touched.  It has great tone. 
The only thing I will eventually have to change is the bridge plastic as it is getting a groove worn on the high E string.  That is a $15 part and pretty easy to  replace.  It slips out of the rosewood saddle and requires some sanding to lower it to the right height.

If you realize how hard we play our guitars, using them for playing in which my fingers hurt from bending notes creating cool tones.  That area gets a lot of work.  And I like to pick close to the bridge to get that tone.  I move all over the "strumming area".
« Last Edit: Jan 25th, 2011 at 12:28pm by HavenMade Administrator »  

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print