Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
What is it that makes a guitar easier to play than other guitars? And what is it that makes it sound (Read 13601 times)
Reply #6 - Oct 6th, 2011 at 2:23am
bixiong3   Ex Member

What is it that makes a guitar easier to play than other guitars? And what is it that makes it sound

IP Logged

Reply #5 - Oct 6th, 2011 at 2:21am
bixiong3   Ex Member

What is it that makes a guitar easier to play than other guitars? And what is it that makes it sound

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Oct 6th, 2011 at 2:20am
bixiong3   Ex Member

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Oct 6th, 2011 at 2:20am
bixiong3   Ex Member

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Sep 10th, 2011 at 1:54am
tonydsouza   Ex Member

I like and love also guitar sound. Guitar consists of a House on a rigid neck, in which the strings are generally six in number. Guitars are traditionally made of various woods and slave owners in the intestine of animals or, more recently, with either nylon or steel strings.

IP Logged

Reply #1 - Jun 24th, 2011 at 4:27am

HavenMade Administrator   Offline
YaBB Administrator
The obvious isn't obvious
until it is obvious
Colorado

What a good observation!  Cool

I have been playing guitar for over 40 years.  And all of my first guitars were "finger burners".

My first was a "Stella" guitar.  It sounded dull and had horrible action, but I was very young and just wanted a guitar.  At $25 in 1964 from a pawn shop, I was happy. It smelled good, though, like wood.  Then I had an "F hole arch top" with elecrtric pick up from Silvertone, Sears and Roebuck.  It didn't have the best sound played acoustic.

I bought a Japanese  Epiphone Acousitic in 1972 that was a bit better. hen had it worked over by a luthier.

He set up the action so it played a lot easier.

It had decent sound, but still not like the "high end" guitars of Martin or Gibson in those days.

You can read about the story of our Gruver guitars on line. 

The action and tone quality are the two major things. They types of woods and how they are made is important.

Electric guitars like the Gruver Chippewa are far easier to play than acoustic guitars.

The easiest acoustic guitar to play I have found is the Gruver Arboles. 

http://www.havenmade.com/webasyst/shop/auxpage_gruver-gutars-are-great/

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Jun 24th, 2011 at 12:22am
Heathcock   Ex Member

What are the factors that make one guitar easier to play than another? I play guitar and I've noticed that some guitars are just easier to play. The pick seems to glide through the strings more fluidly and it seems to make a nice sound without much effort on some guitars, but on others it is hard to strum and it just sounds bad. My guitar is like this. I have a Gibson Epiphone and it sounds bad and I have trouble strumming on it. When I play someone else's guitar or another guitar at a music store, I can play effortlessy. There are other guitars that sound bad and are hard to play, but it always seems like the one that I have is hard to play. Does it have to do with the strings? Does it have to do with how the strings are mounted? I was recently playing my roommate's Schecter guitar, and the strings felt so firm, yet it was easy to play and it sounded good. I took the strings off of mine and put them on his. So the same strings that were on my bad sounding guitar, sounded good on his.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print