Welcome, Guest. Please Login
YaBB - Yet another Bulletin Board

HomeHelpSearchLogin  

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print
Hot tub advice please. (Read 39334 times)
Reply #6 - Oct 29th, 2011 at 3:08pm

HavenMade Administrator   Offline
YaBB Administrator
The obvious isn't obvious
until it is obvious
Colorado

We delivered this one to Belgium.

SAM_0561.JPG (1906 KB | 433 )
SAM_0561.JPG

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Reply #5 - Oct 26th, 2011 at 1:13pm

Mitch   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Also, why Haven? It's the Mack truck, the Harley, the Cuisineart, or you choose another high-end product metaphor. First quality components, easy to access and fix, first class design principles, and solid, solid, solid.   No foam, no wasteful filter cycles.  Different pumps for the water filtering/heating and the jets.

I just noticed, tinsmya, you said "through the fall".  It's great right through the winter.  Even if power fails, this design has over a week before freezing compared to the day or so of the older ones.

In the end, it is about the pleasure, that fortunately you can provide for your family.  My 5-yr old grand-twins love it as much as my 70 yr old mystic neighbor friend.  A lot of warm, clean, powerful water pounding you as long as you wish is just hard to beat.

IP Logged

Reply #4 - Oct 26th, 2011 at 11:17am

Mitch   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Hi, tinsmya.
I've had my Shorewood SE for 5 1/2 years already.  Got rid of my pool.  In the NE with all the leaves and cold it was a real pain.  Keeping up the spa is much much easier.   It's always warm, and the Haven design is great.  You'll probably care less of the energy saving advantage and more of the full jet power business.   Jim's design keeps plumbing turns and twists to a minimum, making the jets real powerful relative to others.  Many days I go in for a quick 5 minutes in the morning and a full 15 after work. I even go in when it's below 10 deg outside. It's great and people mistakenly think I must be a real toughy for that.
Mine is always clear, chlorine free, and very low maintenance.  The ozonator is always on.  For ions I use a Nature2 stick in the filter compartment that I change only every 3 months, when I change the water.  All I do is add OxyShock and a half teaspoon of chlorine [yes, only that!]  after every use.  Mine is at 100 deg all year round.  Get one and use it.  You'll love it!
Mitch (yea, I'm an engineer, as you can probably tell!)

IP Logged

Reply #3 - Oct 25th, 2011 at 8:55am

tinsmya1   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

I don't know about the price range. Nothing too expensive I guess but I don't really know what I am expecting. I think somewhere in between the just hot water and real therapy. No, energy expense is not important.

IP Logged

Reply #2 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 11:53am

HavenMade Administrator   Offline
YaBB Administrator
The obvious isn't obvious
until it is obvious
Colorado

First of all what price range are you expecting?

Do you just want hot water or some real therapy?

Is energy expense important?

The Administrator.
IP Logged

Reply #1 - Oct 19th, 2011 at 1:17pm

tinsmya1   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

Also, please list some advantages or disadvantages. Ive already told me daughter we might get one, so I'm hoping I don't change my mind. lol

IP Logged

Oct 19th, 2011 at 1:16pm

tinsmya1   Offline
YaBB Newbies
I Love YaBB 2.5 AE!

If someone could offer me some helpful advise then I would be so grateful! My wife, daughter and I have a pool outside of the house we moved into last year. We love the pool but now that it's getting cold, the pool is worthless. We feel like a hot tub will allow us to continue our use of the backyard through the fall. We live in Nashville and since we only just moved here last year we have no idea where to look for a hot tub. I did see this $$$$$$$%%%^^^^^ site while searching online but I don't know anything about Family Leisure. Can someone offer me some information? I'm trying to have this settled within the month so thanks a ton for any quick replies!
« Last Edit: Oct 22nd, 2011 at 2:55am by HavenMade Administrator »  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send Topic Print